It's a Bizarre Halloween Winter Bazaar over at Scribbit this month!
I've already shared my Halloween Recipe for Spicy Witch Fingers (click for a pic of these and the Monster Toes) with you as part of Mamanista's Halloween Recipe Contest/Carnival, so here are a few more Halloween ideas:
Food and Beverage:
- Severed Monster Toes: Make pigs in a blanket with mini-franks and crescent dough, make marks for knuckles and add ketchup for blood.
- Monster Brains: Serve guacamole, salsa, or dip in a hollowed out pumpkin with a apainted face!
- Jello Brains: Get a Jello Brain Mold and surround with gummy worms or spaghetti. For an adult party, you may wish to add vodka, but be careful, the results may be scary.
- Beverages: For an adult party, serve "blood" (sangria) and mulled wine and spiced cider.
- More Recipes: A friend shared this EXCELLENT link with a bunch of Haunted Halloween Recipes (warning: there are pictures and some are very gross).
- Eerie Entrance: Cover a hallway with black plastic trash bags and light with a black light. Hand your guests white out pens as they enter.
- Giant Hanging Spider: Paint a large beach ball black and add eyes and fangs. Create eight legs out of paper links. Suspend from ceiling and tape the middle of the legs to the ceiling so just the last part of each leg hangs down.
- Mood Lighting: Take out at least a few light bulbs and replace with red or green lights.
- Anne Boleyn Costume: Get a rubber hand and cut off all but the thumb (leaving attached). Get a Renaissance style dress from a thrift store. Wear light (ghostly) make up and paint a red ring around your neck.
- Ghostly Games: Here's another link for Halloween Kids' Games.
This is just a few off the top of my head to share. I'll be adding more this month, I'm sure, including the BEST RECIPE FOR PUMPKIN BREAD I've ever tasted. You can also check out my product review blog for cool Halloween Costumes and Deals.
Here's a picture of a portion of our spread one year: