Over at Mamanista! we're having a Kooky Carnival, where bloggers and webmasters who contribute a will be entered to win an e-subscription to What's Cooking and a copy of the Shrek Cookbook.
I'm not entering since I own that blog, too, but here's my recipe for Spicy Witch Fingers:
12 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and cleaned of seeds, etc.
1 red bell pepper
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, or monterey jack cheese
Spices to taste: garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cayenne pepper
1 cup breadcrumbs
salsa, for serving
- Halve and clean jalapenos carefully (most people will want to use gloves)
- Mix together cream cheese, shredded cheese and spices.
- Fill jalapeno peppers with cheese and spice mixture
- Roll stuffed peppers in bread crumbs**
- Cut the red bell pepper into mini-triangles for witch nails and press into the narrow end of the jalapeno.***
- Cook at 350 for 30 minutes on a greased pan or on foil.
- Serve with bloody salsa or other dip if desired.
** Some people like to dip the peppers first in flour, then in a well-beaten egg, then the bread crumbs
*** If prepping ahead, you can freeze these.
Captain Dad shows off my spicy witch fingers and bloody monster toes.